Friday, October 15, 2010

splice jointed ferrule system


after owned a spice jointed rod, I have confirmed this is really a superior design, especially for the long two handed rods. The splice jointed ferrule system basically is using electrical tape to tape the two pieces of precisely cut blanks together. It does take more time before fishing, but not really that much. You careful align the two and wrapped them together. After the taping work is done, you pretty much is good to go for the whole day, without worrying about the loosen ferrules. The other cool thing about this system is the rod cast just like one piece rod! I don't know what you feel about multiple piece rod, personally, I hate multiple piece rods (whether it is a single handed or double handed rod). Not only the multiple joints will decrease the sensitivity, but also they "need" constant checking for loosen ferrules (even after the extra tapping work). I know I am a bit paranoid about the loosen ferrules...@@ but for this splice joint ferrule system. I think it rebuilt my faith to the multiple pieces rod. My next rod would be another Riverwatch! What a wonderful casting machine!

2 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Mark,

Very cool! I like those ferrules too, and think they are the best for bamboo 2-hand rods. Hope you are finding time to do some fishing...

BLUEANGLER said...

Hey Vlad,

Indeed, the longer the rod, the more incidence of loosen ferrules.. at least it happened more often in my cases...
No much action lately...
but I am really thinking it is a great idea to take the rods out and practice : )