Friday, October 29, 2010

finally found!



Johnny Hodges - one of the greatest alto saxophone player in the world! I have this CD about 11 year old, but it was mysteriously lost in a friend's house in Canada. After keep searching for years and yielded no result. I almost give up on this CD. However, just a random search on the Amazon last week, I can not believe my eyes when the search bring up this CD. Almost identical as the one I lost. It is a reprint from the Verve on 2009. Wow... I still can't believe my eyes when it started to play. ecstasy is about right term to describe my feel. highly recommended!! if you like the big band Jazz.

2 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Mark, you have a great taste! Hodges was one of the greatest alto players with unmistakable sound ("like honey oozing") in jazz history! Very nice! Enjoy the disc, maybe with some nice coffee (don't know why, but Cafe Algiers in your neighborhood comes to mind...:-) It's been a long time but I used to go there with my friends.)

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks Vlad,

Nice to know the honey oozing! I think, indeed, the sweetness can soften any hard working days! : )
I will have to check out the Cafe Algier!! thanks!
I just check out the back bay area the other day. There are a lot of nice street view there! : )