Friday, May 23, 2008

fishing alone with documentary eye

...I don't like fishing alone, I love fishing with friends... but there is times you have to do this and it is good to be alone sometime... I am thinking doing this kind of fishing report soon, a report not for others, just for myself, a documentary (diary) thing for "the future me". I climb mountain alone sometimes, and it was scary, be honest with you, but with a camera I felt I wasn't alone, I was actually talking to "the future me"... : ) weird ha! try it, you might like it...

2 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Great post Mark! I almost always fish alone-well, until recently, and I must say it is so nice to fish with a friend. Sometimes it is fun to chat, or switch when the other person gets fish...or sometimes split and fish separately, and compare observations at the end of the day.

I hope we get to fish together some time soon!

Vlad

BLUEANGLER said...

Hi Vlad,

We Really need to fish together! : ) I want to learn swing soft hackles!

Regard to fish together or solitude. I agree being a "dynamic" team is a very good way to do. When go mountain climbing/hiking, we did set up several "checking points", we were pretty much hike alone and do photography or birding by ourself, but we will have lunch or tea break together... : )