Monday, December 10, 2007

Animal Behavior Photographer

if I can pick a photographer to work with in the world (besides my brother...)that would be him...
http://michaelnicknichols.com/article/philosophy
...for me, the edge can be a combination of graphic elements, which is why I have a lot of movement in my pictures, and then the edge of survival, and what that means. So I strive and I shoot a lot of bad frames trying to get tension and movement and an edge. That’s all graphic stuff, and colors, and underlying that is some kind of actual theme that’s about conservation...When I did tigers I pretended the entire weight of the survival of the tiger was on my shoulders for that project. Because I saw this huge fundraising for tigers was really misguided. They were raising millions of dollars to save zoo tigers, and as soon as I got to know about tigers I realized that the only thing that makes the tiger, is a female tiger raising her cubs. If I capture pictures that are really of a wild tiger carrying her cub from one den to the next, and there’s no manipulation, there’s no cage around it...
(A paragraph sum him up... actually this is the photo made me "shout out" when I was flipping over his TIGER album)


No comments: