Sunday, July 01, 2012

Turpentine

Please don't do it, don't you break that spell The one that you put on me fits too well It starts to play like a comedy Starts feeling like a punch line Starts feeling like a punch line Whatever you've been eating looks good on you Your wearing that smile like a false tattoo It's all I can do not to wipe it clean With a little bit of turpentine With a little bit of turpentine I know you've been down to see the river man You sins have been washed in the blood of the land But you could have been kind to a broken old man And saved just one for me Saved just one for me The Devil my care, but I tend to doubt it The other guy's never at home It's never been anything strange to me Just thinkin' about being alone Just thinkin' about being alone Please don't do it, don't you break that spell The one that you put on me fits too well It starts to play like a comedy Starts feeling like a punch line Starts feeling like a punch line I know you've been down to see the river man You sins have been washed in the blood of the land But you could have been kind to a broken old man And saved just one for me Saved just one for me The future aint what it once was I know Time speeds up and your mind gets slow Oh have mercy, what a way to go You've got you head up where the sun don't shine Head up where the sun don't shine Head up where the sun don't shine Head up where the sun don't sh

No comments: