Tuesday, August 18, 2009

be out there


disclaimer: there is not big fish in those reports.
If you are looking for a big fish story, you might want to come back a month later. Because in this series of reports, it will only carry some of my mumblings,after thoughts of the western trip, and there is only some small cutthroat trouts in this trip.

This is one of my rare portrait image that caught by my brother BG during the provo fishing. Pretty good actually,ha,looks like 10 years younger of me... I post them here in order to show my parents that I am still exercising and maintain a relative good shape. Thanks for the good fresh air in the small town I live.

One of the best part (the mystery) of nymph fishing (oh, come on, nymphing fishing talk again...@@) is you actually don't need too much water to play during a day's fishing. You select a good run and work on the run thoroughly... step by step, seam after seam... until you enter the state of "zen"... actually you hardly will get bored, because you are going to catch a lot of fish, no matter how busy the water is, no matter what your brother is doing 10 feet away from you (at least in the provo). I feel it is like play in your own sand burg. Why? why not just throw a dry fly pattern and work through the water quickly? well... fishing is just a excuse that make you feel you are doing something, keep me in a routine mode, slow down my pace. Actually, I am doing more important thing while nymphing... I was socializing... with friends. (Just like the afternoon tea time) like this photo, I love sit on the bank and watch other people fishing... it's the same pace I like while I go birding. Sit on the roadside and wait for the birds to show up by themselves. It's quite an relax feel. I start to understand what Jon Wulff said there is 4 stages that every fisherman has to go though...1) catch a fish, 2) catch as many fish as you can, 3) catch as big fish as you can, 4) just enjoy be there. I guess this is the 4th stage, I really enjoy it lately...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly what you mean about nymphing in "the zone" brother.

Marcus said...

Well said Mark. It takes a lot of experience to get to zone 4. Not sure I am there yet...

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks brothers,

I guess it's a dynamic pattern, we are jumping from stage to stage, back and force (maybe). Well, as soon as we got a glimpse of the stage 4, I think we are into something! : )