Friday, February 22, 2008

Quite "Adventure" in Atlanta

When I saw this over blown up creek... my heart was totally sunken. Man... God got to be kidding me... two hours drive and just for hitting the "mud creek"!!... If I catch any, that would be something "unbelievable" ... well... "I come, therefore I am" sounds familiar?! I tie one egg... which is big and shinny enough and I might get some chance... I over-head cast, roll cast, switch cast, whatever... pretending the water is just fine and pretending I was fishing in Provo. And suddenly the wind started to pick up...What?! What could be worse!? If I can catch a fish under these conditions, I can catch anything anywhere in the world! Sure enough, "Somebody" is listening... fish on!! I can not believe my line get twitched a little bit when I was high sticking in a back eddie... he fought like a train...ok, a toy train. I landed it and sure enough the egg was on her mouth corner... what a catch! What a day... I did not give up... and I did not get skunk! Phew...


4 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Yeah Mark, job well done! It sure beats sitting at home...

BG said...

Trout eh? you must be one happy feller! Way to hang in there!

Remember the time at football creek, er, mud creek, when I forgot my jacket and rain turned into tiny snowballs, lol. That was cold!Then we went to another river and scored a great evening Caddis hatch... These are the times that stick with you forever, the disasters that turn out good.

Reading your blog brought back some great memories.

Take care,
Bryan

Cameron Mortenson said...

Thanks for taking us on your ATL adventure.

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks for the nice comments..friends!

The weather just turned to the Spring mode... I had some good pond fishing with a new friend! A spring-fed Bass Pond!

Bryan... never forget the rain coat again!!! I know those sweet memories will last for a long time! Deadly "caddis dance" is what I learned that day, a great lesson!!