Friday, January 04, 2008

why watercolor?

A master say so... and I agree...totally...

"Why paint watercolor?
For me, the unpredictability and uncontrollable nature of watercolor make it the most exciting and expressive medium of all. The opportunity to meander somewhere between mastery and complete lack of control during the course of a painting make it one of the most engaging mediums. This, plus the fact that it is quick, clean and portable, got me in thirty years ago and my enthusiasm has grown ever since"

http://www.johnlovett.com/watercolor.htm

3 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Mark,

Great watercolors! IMHO, watercolor technique provides such an impressionistic quality to the image.

There is no better way to "freeze" the fleeting moment.

I love impressionism in music, painting and fly tying.

Keep them coming!

Vlad

cheech said...

very cool. good painting.

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks friends!

Vlad... You just said the key elements of watercolor to me!! I bet your music is as good as your rods and flies : ) I see rhythms in your ary works too!